hands turning blue for no reason

Simone Haruko Smith (author) from San Francisco on April 30, 2012: Bernard Erni, I have no idea what it might be. With any drug, you should try them for at least a fortnight as you often become tolerant to their side-effects. In many cases, blue lips or skin can be a sign of a life-threatening emergency. I recommend contacting a doctor, because it sounds like you have a problem with the blood circulation in your hands. You may need to avoid caffeine and nicotine, both of which can cause your blood vessels to constrict. As soon as it gets cold the blue and swelling starts again and she's back with the chiropractor again. For a long time she really didn't know what was going on, and had to quit her job which involved working in a cold environment. When the skin becomes a bluish color, the symptom is called cyanosis. In about one in 10 cases, Raynaud's is the sign of an underlying autoimmune disorder like scleroderma, Sjogren syndrome, rheumatoid arthritis or lupus. When oxygen becomes deficient, it changes the color of hemoglobin to reddish violet which gives the skin a bluish color, hence cyanosis. Raynaud’s syndrome is a condition thought to be caused by the sympathetic nervous system that causes the fingers to either turn white or blue due to a lack of blood flow. Crazy but AWESOME!!! she wouldn't even prescribe her pain killers and sent her back for her regular doctor to do that.

Doesn't believe it is Raynaulds, Lupos, etc.. Tammy from North Carolina on November 08, 2011: I know that smokers tend to develop this problem more than others because of the damage that is done to the circulatory system. The only relief I have been able to get for her it chiropractic. I had nooo idea what was going on, i though it had something to do with my really long arms and such but i wasn't sure.
Other conditions, such as Raynaud’s phenomenon, may require longer term lifestyle changes. The beds of my fingernails would turn blue or purple and the tips of my fingers would become painful and it would hurt to do things like type. Primary Raynaud's is when this condition takes place without any underlying disease. The colors they turn can be quite dramatic at times, and people have often looked at my hands with shock and asked me what's wrong with them. Well got to face it blue hands and all. Simone Haruko Smith (author) from San Francisco on August 11, 2011: Quite true, Angelique Newman! I'm not an expert on this subject.

It's that simple. If you know any way to make it stop or if you have any information please respond, thank you. Simone Haruko Smith (author) from San Francisco on February 28, 2012: Raynaud's certainly isn't the world's most pleasant condition, urmilashukla23. if the color immediately returns to pinkish or reddish, then the blood is still carrying oxygen.. Simone Haruko Smith (author) from San Francisco on January 19, 2012: Wow, that must have been such a fright, Pascale1973!! Thankfully I read some stuff about Raynaud's and nutrition and found that for me taking a magnesium supplement helped so my symptoms aren't as bad (it also helped me with some other health related symptoms that have nothing to do with Raynaud's). People think I'm a freak!

+ There are no comments

Add yours